Healthy Egg & Avocado Breakfast Toast [VIDEO RECIPE]
Get ready for a tasty flavor explosion all over your taste buds with this simple, semi-quick, and oh-so-delicious breakfast recipe!
This Egg & Avocado Toast Breakfreast recipe is a bit of a merger between 2 classics; the fried egg sandwich and eggs benedict... but a little healthier!
The combinations of the crispy toast with creamy avocado spread and warm, salty egg is just out of this world. In addition, it also provides a nutritious balance of carbohydrates, healthy fats, and proteins to start your morning right!
Those ingredients alone are perfect and delicious on their own, but we decided to add a couple optional ingredients to bam this meal up just a bit more by adding some deli meat and cheese. Of course, you can make this your own by adding whatever you'd like on your toast, such as mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, ham, spinach, etc.
- Avocado Spread
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- ~1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread (Or favorite bread)
- 2 Eggs
- Optional: Deli Meat
- Optional Sliced Cheese
- Add ingredients for Avocado Spread to a bowl and mash with a fork until it reaches the desired consistency. Add more olive oil if you would like it to be creamier. Adjust the seasonings to reach preferred taste.
- Toast Bread
- Heat about 1-2 teaspoon of oil in a pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add an egg (you want your saucepan to be hot enough that it immediately starts to cook the egg when it goes in).
- Season with a pinch of salt and cook until the whites of the egg are cooked and nearly solid.
- Using your spatula, loosen the bottom of the egg from the pan and flip the egg over.
- Let the egg cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the yolk reaches the desired firmness. You can use the spatula to gently poke egg from the top to determine how firm or soft it is. Once the yolk reaches the perfect consistency for your preference, remove the egg from the pan immediate to stop the cooking process.
- Repeat this process with the second egg.
- Spread the Avocado Spread on your toasted bread slices.
- Add optional ingredients or any ingredients you would like on top of the Avocado Spread.
- Top your open-faced toasts with the two cooked eggs and sprinkle some pepper and any seasonings you'd like on top
- Voila! You're all done!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe! Do you have a favorite breakfast dish or idea you'd like to share with us? Let us know in the comments below! We're always looking for new recipe ideas!