Did You Know "Organic Turmeric" Is Not Nearly As Beneficial As Turmeric Extract?
Organic Turmeric can be found in various forms such as powders, liquid and even in capsules and many of these turmeric supplements contain very minimal amounts of curcuminoids which are the most useful ingredient. Many consumers are unaware that most organic turmeric products have a concentration of between 2 to 3% of curcuminoids which is the most important ingredient for a good human health.
Turmeric is commonly found in the roots of the Curcuma longa plant which is classified as a ginger family. It is used for medicinal purposes in most Southern Asian cultures; it's also used as a spice and a dye as well. Many people are also not aware that this raw turmeric or its powdered form contains very low quantities of the beneficial curcuminoids which are not always enough to provide you with the health or healing properties you to get from them.
Fortunately, there are several curcuminoids supplements in the market that you can take and help you to get enough of these beneficial supplements. Additionally, scientific studies have also proved that a low dose of curcuminoids intake through oral ingestion is not sufficient to obtain the desired blood levels. This, therefore, requires you to get the supplement with abundant levels of curcuminoids concentration for to acquire the real value curcuminoids in healing and to improve your health.
Factors to consider when purchasing a Turmeric Curcuminoid supplements
There are several factors you should consider when identifying the right curcuminoids supplement to take and also know which signs to look for to be assured of their effectiveness . These include;
- Always look or inquire about the percentage of the curcuminoids supplement levels, in most cases it will 'standardized to 95%' meaning it has 95% curcuminoids quantity in the supplement.
- It is also important to ascertain whether the supplement contained is enhanced bioavailability or the ordinary curcuminoids. You should always consider choosing enhanced bioavailability because it always ensures that the required curcuminoids supplements will reach or be absorbed in the right or the targeted tissues. Enhanced bioavailability will stay for a long time in your body which will enable you to enjoy the full benefits of the curcuminoids supplement. Avoid picking ordinary curcuminoids at any given moment since it has low bioavailability. Additionally, once it's broken down in the liver as well as in the gut, most of it will be removed from your body before getting to the targeted tissues. It will also stay for a short time in your body and waste either your money or the effort of looking for it and consuming the ordinary curcuminoids.
- It is also important to ensure that the clinical trials adequately support the claims on the label.
- It is also important to ensure that the solvent used to extract the curcuminoids from the turmeric roots is safe if you decide to extract the supplement by yourself. That is because whenever the curcuminoids are derived from turmeric roots, it requires a solvent to be soluble since it is insoluble in water.
- It is also important always to ensure that the company producing the curcuminoids supplement adheres to good manufacturing practices so as to make sure that your supplement is safe and pure. Some of the known examples of curcuminoids formulations include:
BCM-95: it's a standardized turmeric which is also purified to enhance the bioavailability of curcuminoids in the blood. It is also enhanced with essential oils and phospholipids to ease its absorption.
Meriva: this is a patented formulation with compounds such as soy lecithin and a dietary phenolic to enhance its formulation and absorption.
Curcuminoids as herbal medicine have been proven by modern scientists to have several health benefits which include:
- Greater potential to reduce heart disease.
- A great herb to accelerate the healing of the wound.
- It reduces edema and inflammation.
- It is considered as an anti-tumor which makes it an excellent herb to prevent cancer.
- Curcuminoids has therapeutic effects against conditions such as multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, neurological diseases, and alzheimer disease, arthritis, cataract formation,and skin diseases, cystic fibrosis, and diabetes type 2.
Curcuminoids have many benefits and it is important to take the supplement containing this ingredient once in a while for its excellent health benefits. However, there are some instances when using curcuminoids such as not to use it when you have bile duct dysfunction or gallstones. Additionally, pregnant women should only use the supplement with this ingredient only with when approved by the doctor because it can cause heartburn or a stomach upset. Also, those undergoing breast cancer treatments should always consult the doctor because it has proved to interfere with the chemotherapy treatment agent for this type of cancer. It is advisable to consume supplement with curcuminoids ingredient as long as you have the right information.