RECIPE: Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes [Video]
Leftover Loaded Mashed Potato Pancakes Recipe:
- 2 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Grated Cheese Of Choice
- 1/4 Cup Cooked Bacon (Chopped)
- 1 Tbs Chopped Chives
- 1 Egg
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine until evenly mixed
- Combine until evenly mixed
- Heat skillet to ~350 degrees or large pan to Medium Heat
- Oil pan and skillet as needed
- Use a measuring cup or large spoon to scoop even amounts of the Mashed Potato Pancake mixture onto your hand and shape it into round disks of your desired thickness. Ours were about 1/2 inch thick.
- Repeat Step 4 for the remainder of your Pancake mixture. Be sure to check your mashed potato pancakes periodically to make sure they do not get overcooked and burnt.
- Flip your pancakes once they are golden brown and cook the other side.
- Once both sides of your Mashed Potato Pancakes are golden brown, remove them from the heat and plate.
- You can enjoy your delicious Cheesy Loaded Mashed Potato Pancakes by themselves or top it with your choice of toppings such as sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, or even some gravy. We chose to top ours with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt.
This is one of our favorite ways to add new life to an old meal! It is so delicious and such a treat! The great thing is you can play around with the ingredients you add based on what you have leftover in your fridge! We imagine turkey pieces would be a great alternative for Thanksgiving leftovers topped with just a touch of leftover gravy. These are also great without any additions, just mashed potatoes, flour, seasoning, and an egg! We hope you give this recipe a try the next time you have some leftover mashed potatoes!