10 Proven Benefits Of Turmeric Curcumin...If Your Turmeric Supplement Contains The Correct Ingredients...
The Small Spice Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About...
The quote you're about to read is taken from DailyMail.Co.Uk and it will blow your mind.
"What if someone could invent a magic pill that protected us from some of the worst diseases on the planet? Imagine the joy of the pharmaceutical companies - and what they'd charge us to buy it. Well, I have news that Big Pharma doesn't particularly want to hear. The ingredients for that pill are probably already right there on your kitchen shelves: in a packet or bottle labelled turmeric."
Now I'm sure you're asking yourself, "if this miracle spice is that powerful why haven't Big Pharma thrown a patent on it so no one else can sell it!" Well, they have tried! Many pharmaceutical companies have tried on multiple occasions to patent turmeric but they have been denied every time due to turmeric being a natural ingredient (fortunately for us!).
So what's all the fuss about? What's the big deal with this ancient spice? Well, if you've never heard of Turmeric or you thought it was just for cooking, get ready to be shocked with the amount of benefits and the ability this simple spice has to severely improve your quality of living!
What Is Turmeric Curcumin?
Turmeric is the spice in a lot of curry that gives it that yellow color you're used to seeing. Turmeric, an Asian plant of the ginger family, is mostly known for its culinary purposes in southern Asian cuisines such as curry. It has long been used for medicinal purposes in ancient Chinese medicine and Indian Ayurveda practices.
What you're more interested in however is the active ingredient in turmeric called Curcumin. This is the part of turmeric packed with all the benefits.
Since the turn of the century, more than 50 clinical trials have tested curcumin - the pigment in turmeric that gives it that bright yellow color - against a variety of diseases.
These show that the spice may play a significant role in preventing or treating lung disease, brain disease and a variety of cancers - including multiple myeloma, colon cancer and pancreatic cancer.
Turmeric is potent stuff. If I gave you an eighth of a teaspoon of turmeric to eat once a day for a week, then exposed your blood to an oxidising (bad) chemical, the number of cells with DNA damage could be cut in half. All because you had a little bit of turmeric onboard.
One of the most comprehensive summaries of turmeric benefits studies to date was published by the respected ethnobotanist James A. Duke, Phd., in the October, 2007 issue of Alternative & Complementary Therapies, and summarized in the July, 2008, issue of the American Botanical Council publication HerbClip.
Reviewing some 700 studies looking at turmeric benefits, Duke concluded that turmeric appears to outperform many pharmaceuticals in its effects against several chronic, debilitating diseases, and does so with virtually no adverse side effects.
If Your Turmeric Supplement Doesn't Contain This Ingredient...It's Almost Worthless
Before you even consider trying a turmeric curcumin supplement the FIRST thing you need to make sure is, "Does this turmeric supplement contain black pepper"? Why is that?
Piperine is the key chemical in black pepper. It is similar to capsaicin a chemical in chili and offers many health benefits. Curcumin which is a polyphenol plays the same role in turmeric.
Black pepper enhances bioavailability of Turmeric: Most of the curcumin that is ingested gets metabolized before it can get absorbed. Piperine is proven to get more curcumin into your system before your system metabolizes it.
One study found that when even 2g of curcumin was ingested, its serum levels were very low. However, when 20mg piperine was added to curcumin the bioavailability increased by 2000%.
What Are The Benefits Of Turmeric?
What if we told you that Turmeric could replace at least 20...that's right, TWENTY different medications in your medicine cabinet! Not only is that the case, but just as Dr. Josh Axe says in this video, you can use Turmeric Curcumin for so many different things and in so many different ways, you'd have to be crazy to not give it a try!
We'll quickly run through some of the benefits, then we'll expand on a few of them:
- Turmeric Contains Bioactive Compounds With Powerful Medicinal Properties
- Curcumin is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory Compound
Turmeric Dramatically Increases The Antioxidant Capacity of The Body
Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
Curcumin Leads to Various Improvements That Should Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
Turmeric Can Help Prevent (And Perhaps Even Treat) Cancer. (NOTE: We are not claiming our Turmeric can do this. This is simply something you can find in articles and studies like these; CancerResearchuk.Org, Mercola.Com, AntiCancerBook.Com, MayoClinic.Org, NaturalSociety.Com)
Curcumin May be Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer’s Disease
Arthritis Patients Respond Very Well to Curcumin Supplementation
Studies Show That Curcumin Has Incredible Benefits Against Depression
Curcumin May Help Delay Aging and Fight Age-Related Chronic Diseases
One of the most common things we hear about Turmeric is, "my arthritis pain has seemed to vanish!" Well, there's a good reason for that!
How Turmeric Can Fight Joint Pain
This research, from Italy, was a three-month trial involving 50 patients diagnosed by x-ray with osteoarthritis of the knee. The Italian team was investigating the effect on arthritis symptoms of a special formulation of turmeric designed to improve its absorption by the body. Half the participating patients took the turmeric formulation in addition to standard medical treatment; those in the second group continued following their physicians' recommendations.
After 90 days, the researchers found a 58 percent decrease in overall reported pain and stiffness as well as an improvement in physical functioning among the turmeric group compared to the controls. These changes were documented with a standard medical scoring method used to assess symptoms of knee and hip osteoarthritis. In addition, another scoring method showed a 300 percent improvement in the emotional well being of the turmeric patients compared with the others. And blood tests showed a 16-fold decline in C-reactive protein, a marker for inflammation. Patients in the turmeric group were able to reduce their use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs by 63 percent, compared to the other group.
Turmeric contains more than two dozen anti-inflammatory compounds, including six different COX-2-inhibitors (the COX-2 enzyme promotes pain, swelling and inflammation; inhibitors selectively block that enzyme). By itself, curcumin - the component in turmeric most often cited for its healthful effects - is a multifaceted anti-inflammatory agent, and studies of the efficacy of curcumin have demonstrated positive changes in arthritic symptoms.
Just take a look at this study of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, curcumin was even more effective than an anti-inflammatory drug.
Here's another study for you to look at, checkout these finding's:
After three months of treatment, the global WOMAC score decreased by 58% (P<0.05), walking distance in the treadmill test was prolonged from 76 m to 332 m (P<0.05), and CRP levels decreased from 168 +/- 18 to 11.3 +/-. 4.1 mg/L in the subpopulation with high CRP. In comparison, the control group experienced only a modest improvement in these parameters (2% in the WOMAC score, from 82 m to 129 m in the treadmill test, and from 175 +/- 12.3 to 112 +/- 22.2 mg/L in the CRP plasma concentration), while the treatment costs (use of anti-inflammatorydrugs, treatment and hospitalization) were reduced significantly in the treatment group.
- Several recent studies show that turmeric/curcumin has anti-inflammatory properties and modifies immune system responses. A 2006 study showed turmeric was more effective at preventing joint inflammation and reducing joint inflammation than NSAIDS.
- A 2010 clinical trial found that a turmeric supplement called Meriva (standardized to 75 percent curcumin combined with phosphatidylcholine) provided long-term improvement in pain and function in 100 patients with knee OA.
- In a small 2012 pilot study, a curcumin product called BCM-95 reduced joint pain and swelling in patients with active RA better than diclofenac, an nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- At the University of Arizona, researchers led by endocrinologist Janet Funk injected a bacterial substance known to cause joint inflammation (which is what arthritis ultimately is) into the bellies of the rodents. If the researchers gave them turmeric first (also by injection into the abdomen), there was far less joint swelling produced.
- In 2009, a study was published in the Journal of Alternative and Complimentary Medicine, which compared the pain relieving effects of curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) and ibuprofen. It was found that the curcumin provided equally effective or better results as the ibuprofen.
Bottom Line: Arthritis is a common disorder characterized by joint inflammation. Many studies show that curcumin can help treat symptoms of arthritis and is in some cases more effective than anti-inflammatory drugs.
How Can Turmeric Help Prevent Me From Getting Sick?
Everyone hates getting sick, that's just a fact. While you may carry around a little bottle of hand sanitizer, you need to do more than squirt that on your hands every once in a while to prevent you from coming down with a cold, cough, or flu!
Turmeric appears to outperform many pharmaceuticals in its effects against several chronic, debilitating diseases, and does so with virtually no adverse side effects. The combination of honey with turmeric powder is an excellent remedy for a hacking cough. Research found that a substance in turmeric, curcumin, may outperform the pneumococcal vaccine in providing long lasting protection against potentially deadly lung damage in infants. Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties and turmeric tea has been used for extensively worldwide for colds, congestion, headache, and sore throats.
Here are a few comparisons between common anti-oxidants and turmeric (curcuminoids):
- Vitamin E is well known for its anti-oxidant properties. Turmeric is 5 to 8 times stronger anti-oxidant that vitamin E!
- You will say, okay what about Vitamin C. Researchers believe that anti-oxidant property of turmeric is even stronger than that of Vitamin C.Song et al 2001, pointed out that it is as much as 10 times more effective than Vitamin C.
- It is more powerful anti-oxidant as compared to grape seed, eugenol (we get this from cloves), capsaicin (we get this from cayenne).
- Turmeric is found to be very effective against one of the most reactive free radical – hydroxyl radical.
- According to studies done by Jain et al 2006, turmeric helps in preventing protein glycosylation and lipid peroxidation.
Bottom Line: Curcumin has powerful antioxidant effects. It neutralizes free radicals on its own, then stimulates the body’s own antioxidant enzymes.
MFL Premium Turmeric Curcumin Is The Only Choice For You
90% of the Turmeric supplements you see on the market today only contain turmeric powder. Why is that bad? Turmeric root powder contains only 2-5% curcuminoids, which is the key ingredient you want...and you need much more than 2-5%!
Our turmeric formula on the other hand only uses Turmeric Extract which contains 95% curcuminoids! On average, Me First Living turmeric is more than 19x more potent than other turmeric supplements!
Below is a "COA" or Certificate Of Analysis. This is done by an independent third party. They have complex methods for testing every aspect of supplements. Look at the "Curcuminoids" result...
- Our Turmeric Supplement contains only Premium Turmeric Extract (standardized to 95% Curcuminoids), unlike other brands that either only contains Turmeric Root Powder or a small percentage of Turmeric Extract diluted with Turmeric Root Powder. This is extremely important to look for in a Turmeric Supplement as Curcumin is believed to be the active ingredient in Turmeric that is responsible for its many Health Benefits. Regular Turmeric Root Powder only contains between 2%- 5% Curcumin making Me First Living's Turmeric Supplement 19 Times Stronger than brands that contains only Turmeric Root Powder. Be sure to always check the Supplement Panel to truly understand what is in a supplement.
- Turmeric has extremely poor bioavailability which means it is nearly impossible for the body to absorb on its own. Our formula introduces Black Pepper Extract (Piperine) which has been shown to increase the bioavailability or absorption of Turmeric by up to 2,000%.
Contains Nearly No Oxalic Acid. Turmeric root has been found to contain a significant amount of Oxalates which increases the risks of Kidney Stones in some people. We've had our Turmeric Supplement tested by an Independent, Third Party Lab to verify that the Turmeric Extract in our supplement does not contain Oxalic Acid posing a potential risk to our customers. The results
detected less than 0.014% of Oxalic Acid, such a small amount that the lab was unable to quantitate the Oxalic Acid.
- Independent Third Party Tested
- Formulated using only the Highest Quality, All Natural Ingredients
- Contains No Preservatives, No Magnesium Stearate
- Vegan Friendly Formula
- Made in the United States
- Made in an FDA Regulated, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Certified Facility
Does Me First Living's Turmeric Have Any Reviews?
We have a TON of reviews! Not only do we have great reviews but we have a ton on our Amazon listing as well!
Our Customers Support The Research!
If You're Waiting For The Right Time To Try Turmeric, Now Is Your Chance.
We want to get our Premium Turmeric Curcumin in your hands because we know once you try it you'll absolutely love it! So if you're waiting for the right time to buy, now is that time! We have packages with free S&H all the way up to packages with almost 50% discounts!
Update: Demand for our Premium Turmeric Curcumin has gone up substantially. This article may not be up for much longer. We can only guarantee this article will be online until
You can either buy from us directly or you can buy from us on Amazon.com, your choice!
Special: Get 35% off your 2nd bottle by using coupon code, "TwoBottles" at checkout!
PS: If buying from Amazon, here are our discounts: Save 25% Off SIX Bottles, 22% Off FIVE Bottles, 19% Off FOUR Bottles, 16% Off THREE Bottles, 13% Off TWO Bottles! MASSIVE SALE On The Best Turmeric Curcumin Formula Available!